Add some crusty garlic bread and you have an easy, one-pot dinner
Time: 60 minutes
1 large chicken, cut into sections
2 tins peeled/stewed tomatoes
2 brown onions, chopped
¾ cup of dry red wine
2 green capsicums, chopped
2 large cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons salt
1 bay leaf
2 generous pinches of ground black pepper
Crusty bread and Kalamata olives for serving
• Heat the oil in your camp oven over medium coals and brown the chicken pieces well on all sides (about 10 minutes). Remove and set aside.
• Drain away the excess oil left in the camp oven, leaving just enough to sauté the vegetables.
• Drop in the chopped onion, capsicum and garlic. Sauté until the onion is soft.
• Pour in both tins of tomatoes, all herbs and the wine. Stir in well.
• Place the chicken pieces back in and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and leave to simmer for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
• Remove the bay leaf, sprinkle over a few Kalamata olives and serve with chunks of crusty bread.