1000hp Hennesey Jeep Gladiator Maximus heading to SEMA
Hennessey Performance Engineering has turned the Gladiator up to 15 with the reveal of its limited-run 1000hp Jeep Gladiator Maximus which is heading to SEMA in November.
“Badassery on four wheels,” is how Hennessey boss, John Hennessey describes the Gladiator Maximus, and we’d have to agree. With a 6.2-litre supercharged V8 Hellcat engine under the bonnet, the Gladiator Maximus will hit 96km/h in just 3.9 seconds. That’s just marginally slower than a BMW M5 Competition that will hit 96km/h in 3.1 seconds.
“Our clients want exclusive, extreme vehicles that deliver a fun and an exciting driving experience both on and off-road,” said Hennessey. “Our Maximus Jeep with 1000 HP is pure ridiculousness on four wheels. What other vehicle can climb to the top of Aspen Mountain with a KTM dirt bike in the back in the morning and then run 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds at the dragstrip later the same day?”
There will only be 24 vehicles available with pricing set at USD$225,000. Where Hennessey stands out from some other tuning houses is that you can either buy direct from it, or from authorised Jeep dealerships. Meaning you get a proper warranty.
Beyond the grunt, the Maximus gets a six-inch lift with a King off-road suspension system and drop-down running boards, full Hennessey leather interior and more. Here’s the full list:
- New 2020 Jeep Gladiator Truck;
- 2L Supercharged Hellcat V8 Engine;
- 8-speed Automatic Transmission;
- HPE1000 Engine upgrade with 1000 HP & 933 lb-ft of Torque;
- 0-60 mph: 3.9 seconds;
- ECU, Wiring Harnesses, Radiator, Fuel System;
- Stainless Steel Exhaust System;
- MAXIMUS Front & Rear Bumpers with LED Lights;
- Heavy-duty Off-Road Axles;
- Dana 60 Front & Rear Differentials (4.88 gear ratio);
- Heavy-duty Front & Rear Driveshafts;
- Hennessey Aluminum Wheels with 8-Lug Bolt Pattern;
- KING Off-Road Suspension System with 6-inch lift;
- BFG Off-Road Tires;
- Drop-down running boards;
- Upgraded Leather Interior with Hennessey & MAXIMUS Embroidered Seats;
- HENNESSEY & MAXIMUS exterior branding; and
- Limited edition 1 of 24 serial numbered interior and engine bay plaques.
The Maximus will be on display at SEMA from November 6.